Sunday, February 21, 2010
Smoked Salmon Dip
This is a simple and delicious recipe for smoked salmon dip or spread. This recipe works equally well when substituting fresh or frozen salmon for the smoked product.
4 oz smoked salmon
2 oz cream cheese
2 tablespoons mayo or sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
optional - diced fresh celery, onion or jalapeno pepper to taste
1. Grill or broil salmon just until it begins to brown, remove from heat.
2. Mix cream cheese and mayo, adding just enough mayo or sour cream to thin the cream cheese. Set aside.
3. Crumble the salmon into a mixing bowl and mash with fork. Mix well.
4. Add small amounts of the cream cheese mixture, using only enough to act as a binder. Add the cilantro and any optional ingredients.
5. Serve immediately on toast or crackers or cover and chill for later use.